Thursday March 28th 2012

Quote: A new Mask is like a baby that knows nothing about the world.  It has little access to its wearer`s skills. -Keith Johnstone
-Due date for Journal and story drama:  Tuesday April 2nd.
-Course assessments completed
-Copying money $9 to Kayla Weber
-Introduction to Mask.  A modeleld lesson.
Masks:
-using bike helmets and an art activity where students create their masks.  Paper Mache
-Tance Masks
This was a makeshift lesson as we were made aware of.  The masks that were needed for this lesson were sitting back at Lakewood.  Phil did a great job recovering from what I like to term as “brain fart”.  We’re all allowed to have one, but what’s most important I think, is that we always have a backup plan.  These photos show what it was we did in place of our mask lesson:

Apparently I became a poet before my own eyes.  At first I couldn’t understand why we were being given small magnified glass.  We were then given the outline as in the picture above.  Using our magnified glass we were to inspect one of our fingertips and then draw it as large as we can in the space provided.  We were then instructed to answer the two questions on the back of this paper.  When I explore my fingerprint I see:….. and These remind me of:….  We were then to use our responses and complete poetry ensuring that we reserve the last line for ‘My fingerprint’.

Although this didn’t really flow with the general direction of our classes so far this term, it was great to see this used as a backup.  I was nice to hear what other wrote.