Mural

As a group of 6 at our tables we used this picture from the grade 1 poster box ( not sure of the name but Michelle had elementary grades available in big yellow carrying boxes ).

At first it took a bit of organization and brainstorming just exactly as to how we were going to use paper techniques to create the 6 x 3 foot mural.  Once that was done we proceeded to create our mural which ended up looking like this:

It was nice seeing our work on display.  It was pointed out to us by Michelle that displaying students artwork is actually part of the curriculum PLOs.

Here is another picture:

As I mentioned above, we were to create this mural using paper techniques.  In our classroom Michelle had this posted to help spark our creativity:

This in itself could be a great lesson Idea for the future.  I love all the detail, and it’s hard to believe this is done by simply manipulating paper.

All in all, our mural turned out better than we had expected.  Only once it was hanging did we really realize its completeness.  It was hard to visualize how everyone in our group pieces would come together.  I figured there would be miss represented sizes however it looks pretty accurate.

What a great way to create group art projects.  At first I was a little hesitant of this activity, however once I got going it started to become fun.

Looking back though, I’m not too sure we utilized as many of the paper techniques as we could have, however that was never the goal (to use all of them), it was simply to recreate and incorporate.

[More Pictures of class murals here]