Drawing

Stuffed Animal drawing:

This was a class that focused on using drawing techniques to replicate a stuffed animal of our choice.  I chose to do the billy goat.  We first started by drawing the general shapes that the animal would entail.  An oval shape for the body, another oval as a leg, for the head etc.  After that was complete I started to define more clearly the shape of the billy goat using more defined shapes and harder lines definition.  At the end of this I attempted to make the hair on the body look real.  I found it difficult to get proportions correct.  To aid in this however, starting with general ovals that are connected really helps.  You can step back to check for proper proportions.  At this point too it’s easier to erase and redraw.  So it is with that being said that the originally just the sketch using ovals, would be done so very lightly/faintly.  I don’t know if I really like the type of paper that was being used.  Or would it be the pencil type on the paper.  As can be seen in the above picture, the pencil seems to get everywhere and is very hard to erase without making too much fuss in the area.

We also completed this drawing exercise in class.  It was interesting to see how other classmates interpreted these shapes.

Instead of treating each shape as one all to itself I tried to connect some as best as possible.