Lakewood Visit

WOW.  What an experience.  What a school.  I think you said it Phil, this was one of the last 10million dollar schools built.

I really didn’t know what to expect coming into this class.  I know we had gone over the details in-class, however I didn’t have the full puzzle put together yet.  As soon as I walked into the gym though It all fit together.  The environment was intriguing and inviting.  It was set-up and ready to go for the most part.  Oh, but first, Amanda took us on a tour of the school.  Very nice school.  I was surprised at the shower in the tiny bathroom in the office. Do all schools have that?

As for the students.  What a good group of kids.  Our group was a little shy from the get go.  I think we as the adults could have engaged more outright from the beginning.  I found that as soon as they entered the gym we all acted as if we didn’t know what to do.  May be next time this small window of time could be prepared for, but that’s just me.

At times I felt that there were too many of us for the amount of students in each group which made it a bit difficult.  I was really impressed with some of the groups presentations. The room was filled with so much laughter it was great.  There are some very talented students in that class.

If I could sum this whole activity up with one word that relates to teaching:  Preparation.  To get this organized and implemented took a lot of pre-planning and organizing.  I appreciate you inviting us into your classroom Phil.